Civil engineering is a professional engineering discipline that deals with the design, construction, and maintenance of the physical and naturally built environment, including works like roads, bridges, canals, dams, and buildings.
The Department of Civil Engineering of Ganga memorial College of polytechnic has major missions listed below.
1. Relevance to industry and society
2. Contribution to sustainable development.
The Civil Engineering faculty are actively involved in several multi-faceted R&D and consulting activities with high relevance to industry and society. Some of the on-going research topics in the department are listed below.
1. Earthquake resistive High rise building design
3.Restrengthening of Structure
- Students will attain a record of engagement in civil engineering or other fields that require analytical and/or professional abilities.
- Students will attain a record of continuing professional development.
- Students will attain a record of contributions to their fields, professions, or society.
- Students will be able to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability.
- Students will have critical thinking and problem solving based on a fundamental knowledge of humanities, social sciences, mathematics, science, engineering science and a broad range of civil engineering technical areas;
- An ability to function on multidisciplinary teams;
- Civic engagement and contributions to society; and
- Pursuit of lifelong learning and professional development.